On the way, I pass the Lux Park Leisure Centre. People drive there in posh sporting gear, looking groomed!!! I looked up how much it was to use the gym and it's £5 a time! I won't be going there!!! Another 'thing' that caught my eye this morning was the sight of a lady on our school field, with her personal trainer!!! I noticed a shiny Mercedes in the car park and wondered who on earth it belonged to. Parked next to it was a van advertising Sweaty Betty's personal training services (not the actual name!) and the woman who was being 'trained' looked about a size 8!!! She didn't look a mess like I do, she had blond hair in a pony tail, a tiny bum, that unlike mine, stayed where God put it when she was running around!!! Mine seems to try to get away from me!!!!
Now there's me!!!! Sally Army shop trainers! Sale rail tracky bottoms, ebay i-pod and looking shocking!!!! Not paying for a personal trainer, not paying £5 to go to the gym, not wearing flashy sports clothes but doing it any way. It's another day of not putting it off! Not saying, I can't exercise because I can't afford the gym, I don't have the compression leggings to wear and I look a mess in public. As I said earlier, I've noticed lots of folk in an old pair of trainers, a pair of grey joggers, a warm jumper and they just get out and run or walk. I was passed by the local 'harriers' who ranged from nimble looking elderly people to children of primary school age, I've seen people out running with their dogs, I've noticed groups of ladies who go out and walk and chat at the same time. I'm not the only one who feels no need at all to make this expensive!!!!
I've tried to take as many people on my frugal journey as I possibly can. I try to spread the frugal word of living simply, not spending and doing what we can with what we've got! Well come with me, on a scruffy, just as you are, no need for fancy clobber, just get out and walk, frugal foray into fitness! We've paid off debts together, we've home cooked food and grown beans, we were there, side by side when we made our own soap and jam, when we knitted and carbooted, we saved the odd quid here and there and may be together, we can step out together......any takers?