Busting out the XT...

Now that I have decided I want to run a half-marathon in the fall...maybe even two...


I have also decided that I could probably benefit from some cross-training... other than chasing my crazy kids around town and going to Target.

To that end, today I thought I might try and get a little action with Tony. I know he totally has the hots for me... he's always big into the eye contact... and he says really stupid things that make me laugh because he's nervous around me... that means he likes me ;-)

After assessing my situation and coming to the conclusion that flexibility is my weakest link right now, Tony and I did some P90X stretching. Yes, the X-Stretch. Like the plyo, I think this one is for moms, even though Tony does not make reference to this possibility. My favorite part was the lying down part. Moms don't get to lie down enough.

The stretching was great, too. The program stretches the whole body, and I like how I can do my best and leave the rest. Right now, my best in the stretching department is pathetic... but I plan on working it... and bringing it as best I can :)  One day, I may even be able to lick myself like a cat... or like SUAR.

After we stretched, I did the Ab-Ripper X. HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Have I mentioned before that my core could use some work? I think I have. Holy moley! Does it ever! So I crunched and bicycled and scissored and twisted and pulsed like nobody's business... took LOTS of breaks... and loved the stretching at the end. Ab workouts should always include stretching at the end so that you lengthen out those crunch-shrunk muscles.

And I didn't get too sweaty, so I didn't need to take a shower when I was done... a good thing since Miss C is no longer containable, remember? I may not be showering for a long time... unless I can time it for when she is sleeping... which is nearly never.

My big training plan for the moment is to alternate cross-training and running... I'm innovative that way ;-) I only want to run 3 days a week... that is probably all my body can stand. And that's probably all my little tyrants will allow.

So people... give me some ideas for cross-training that are

  1. free, 
  2. do not involve a swimming suit, 
  3. will not ever give me road rash and 
  4. might allow for the possibility of conversation with others and/or listening to music. 
I have the P90X thing to play around with, but I don't really want to dive into the whole program... I just want to pick and choose. Looking at the Yoga X for Wednesday... more flexibility :)


And......

remember the mantra for the next week... VOOOOOOOTE.... If you say it right, it's almost as centering as OOoooohhhhmmmmmm. HERE's that quick-clickin' link... or just nail that pink circle at the upper right :)

Also......

there is a little bird up there now, too. I am not so sure what to do with it... so if you have any great ideas, let me know!