Spent the week going in circles...

Running-haters, click out now or be prepared to be bored ;-) ... the cute kids post will follow shortly!

This week was my first official week of training for that half-marathon I've gone and entered. So far, it's been super easy. hahahhahahaha! But that's because it's only the first week!

The complete plan is still in the development stage, but this first week has happened so there'll be no changing it :P  Well, after I run 6 miles tomorrow it'll have happened.

Lots of long days and lots of momming kept my working out to the nighttime routine... which meant laps inside The Gate. Tuesday and Thursday were running days... 30 minutes each day and both days that translated into 3.2 miles. Both runs were super fun... and I did learn that our development's enormous skunk has a baby! And this week I realized that they come out pretty much right at 9 o'clock every night.

Monday and Friday were 30 minutes on the bike... at night, yes. On Friday I hit nary a blue bump! My bottom is so happy :)

I did swim a lap on Tuesday... sort of. It was not a continuous lap, so I guess I can't log it as a workout ;-)

The intensity does step up next week. I am kind of scared. Summer vacation has started. This means my kids are home ALL. DAY. EVERY. DAY. And that means my energy by the end of the day is pretty low. I may try getting MY things done in the mornings before my husband goes to work.  Yeah... that sounds like it could work. But that means I will need to go to bed earlier than 12:30. But if I am not working out until 10 or 11, that might be possible!

Sooooo... who's in for Long Beach?  :)  It is supposed to be a great course and a fun race... and since I will be there, you KNOW it will be fun :D  Come on... you know you wanna!

Are you a morning workout person or an end-of-the-day workout person? Or do you have other options?