And so what we really need on a Thursday is ALWAYS a little nakedness and a little delusion, but I also have gotten a couple blog awards recently and want to be sure to pass them off before they get completely lost in the abyss of my mind.
Things I Say to My Pets that I would be MORTIFIED if anybody knew...
Meow? Who says that?
Puddy tat need a drinky winky?
Do you have to go puppy potty? Are you Mr. Puppy Potty?
Who's a good boy? He's so NICE!
Hey da pooder doodikins!
(or the variation) Hoo da doo pooder doody
Look adatummy!
The Joel Song (we sing this on walks)
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel
Once there was a silly willy dog, and his name was Joel B Bowl
He was such a silly nilly dog, and we called him Joel B Bowl
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel
Everybody need their tummy rubbed!
Everybody likes their butt scratched!
Oooooh! Mister itchy bottom! Does that feel good?
So there you have it. If you tell anybody, I might have to kill you.
And On to BLOG AWARDS! WAHOO!
Before I dive in, I want to give a disclaimer... while every award I GIVE is deserve, there are surely dozens I SHOULD give, that because I do things last minute, I have neglected... so I apologize for flying by the seat of my pantslessness, because worthy blogs will surely be forgotten.
The first one I got was from Mari. The Sugar Doll Award is for blogs (bloggers) who just cheer us up. Mari also broke the all-girl tradition and I LOVE that (always like a man in drag) So I would like to award it to:
Sugar
Erica
Alex
Jessica
Ezmirelda
B. Miller who would surely find this too girly, except that I am also awarding it to Alex.
Still... all these people cheer me up, between regular commenting and just being fabulous!
The next award, called the Awesomous Maximus, was given by Will.
And I would like to award it to:
Karen Gowan. Karen is doing it all—sometimes funny and personal, sometimes helpful, sometimes promoting OTHER bloggers—and she is totally successful at it!
Natasha/Rayna It always feels just a little like nepotism to give Natasha an award (being my fellow Burrower and all), but she also has the varied content, is extremely interesting, and offers a perspective a lot of us don't get elsewhere.
Jan O'Hara who manages the UNIQUE trick of being useful and funny at the same time! Most of us have to pick our poison on any given day. Not Jan. She does it all.
Simon Larter I just discovered Simon recently, but I think maybe he is another of my twins, though of course I maintain my stake as the EVIL twin. But between digressions, bizarre behavior and good beer, I'm pretty darned sure he would be a fine asset to the Naked World Domination movement.
The third blog award is called The Versatile Blogger, and has a few rules that come with it:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. Thank you Ezmirelda!
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
* I speak slowly
* Contradictions please me. I like any evidence that life is complicated.
* I first became a nudist at age 2 (I didn't like wet pants, so I just removed them)
* I was once a gymnast (it's why I'm so bendy)
* I've been known to cry at commercials
* I secretly watch soap operas (the ABC ones via YouTube)
* I got the best toys award in my Freshman Dormitory (I think the Crisco Twister pushed me into top spot, though frozen hotwheels definitely get an honorable mention)
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (though I think I'd feel funny choosing a full 15 and not choosing everyone...)
Falen (especially Friday when we hear first from the dogs and then get FABULOUS made up words!)
Cheese Boy
Talli Roland
Creepy Query Girl
Killer Characters
Elizabeth Mueller
Will-Fatherhood and Other Common Terrors
Ted Cross
Charmaine-Wagging Tales
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
And then one (probably of many) that I was negligent on last time I did this. Journey Support is from Erica: The support award—and I would LOVE to give this to ALL of you, but I am going to award it to the early batch—people who I found early who helped me get my bearings and are STILL around and supportive.
Elizabeth
Jan Morrison
Natasha
Mari
Helen
So there we have it... Thank you to all the awarders, thank you to everyone who has been FABULOUS, and I'm sorry to people I KNOW I have forgotten!




