Anyway... my knees and ankles have periodically complained too, but that is only when I RUN. The walking they are content with (except when I step in holes when I'm not paying attention, which of course happens periodically)
So what does one do for JOINTS? I've heard fish oil helps, but for the life of me I can't get past the idea of it, not to mention I haven't had the attention span to take ANY pill every day since the hubby got snipped in 1999. (in fact Thing 2 was a result of my inability to remember even before THAT).
I'm thinking what I need is a hot masseur. If he could just give me a good daily rubdown, I'm SURE my joints would be jolly.
Jury on Progress
I'm up a pound from last week, but I gotta be honest... last week I had lost 12 pounds in three weeks (though only 10 in 4)—so I had a couple weeks of FAST loss... I think this is just a correction. After last weeks weigh in my weight was up the rest of the week, and I am very content to have only taken a one pound correction. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have my cream capris fit before my business trip (which is in 3 weeks and only about 5 pounds away) and that five pound roll-down will put me solidly back into my size fourteen wardrobe, which is the most extensive one I own I wore one pair of pants this week that is part of it, but it looks better when they hang on my hips a little, rather that 'fitting'.
The MEASURING is something I haven't mentioned in a while and today was a measure day. I've lost 5 inches in my waist, five across my hip bones, five+ on my butt and 3 on one thigh and four on the other (no, I don't have a clue how that happens). It makes me HAPPY. (so a 37.5 pound loss is about a 5 inches all the way up and down--thankfully only 3 in the boobs, but then I never have the good luck to GAIN there, so it's only fair)
It also makes me happy to change out the closet to my summer wardrobe and realize all the summer dresses I couldn't wear last year are waiting... many fit NOW, and another 10 pound loss (which I should hit by the end of May) opens a HUGE number of options. Only one more snowfall until spring (Spring in Michigan begins at the 2nd snow after the forscenthia bloom)
Jippee for Joris!
(this is us on the London Eye in August 2008)
For those of you rusty on your Norwegian and Dutch, that is pronounced YIPPEE for YORIS.
I can't have a J day without giving a shout out to one of my favorite people. Joris and I have an unlikely friendship... middle-aged woman in Michigan, barely legal Dutch boy... and we met when he was a teen, but you frequent the same places for a while (in this case the Wizard War Thread at HPANA) and you form friendships. He is smart, with attention to the kinds of details that sail in one ear and out the other for me, so I've used him as a memory crutch for AGES, the expert on things like European History... and then all the graphics stuff. He helps my writing group with some regularity and has done ALL the book covers I have.
So JIPPEEEEEEEE! Joris, you're a superstar!



