Things I love Thursday

... and lots of kisses














K is for KISS and an early peek at snippets of my KISS quilt for Dijanne's challenge to make an art quilt 50 cm square. The object of the exercise is KISS - to "Keep It Simple (silly)" and only use two colour fabrics and only long stitch whether by machine or hand. My colours are red and cream and based on leaves so I'm planning to show it next week in my "L for leaves" post






















K is for Klimt, an artist who always inspires me. I bought a couple of fat quarters of this fabric a few years ago because it reminds me of Klimt's patterns and I just can't bring myself to cut it up! It's called "Atlantis Abstract " by Makower. Will I ever do it? Maybe it would make a nice binding for the red leaves quilt? I'm thinking about it ...












K is for kiss - my inchy for the alphabet challenge over at Inchy by Inch












K is for knitting fingerless mitts for Spring because it can still be chilly sometimes






















K is for the briefest kiss - a tag I made with vellum, handmade paper, text and stitch

















the sweetest kisses
are the ones from the heart and
tenderly given

The sweetest kisses





















1. Vintage mother with baby 2. A kiss good night 3. Vintage advertisement - Listerine 1947 4. Kisses-and-sutures

Haiku - week 12

Spring truly arrived with the vernal equinox and on Monday we enjoyed a lovely walk into St. Ives and noticed many Spring flowers budding and blossoming

This is my Spring figure for a seasonal challenge that Chris Gray and I set ourselves to make an art doll/stuffed figure for each of the seasons this year

I chose to make a stuffed calico figure based on a "wolf" dress form using some of the silk pieces I dyed with berries from the Skimmia Japonica shrub I mentioned last week. I left the silk pieces scrunched up for a more luxurious crushed texture. The colour of the silk looks deeper this way. I added pearl shells from the beach at Godrevy, Cornwall and lots of french knots in variegated rayons in pearly pinks into earthy browns. I posted more pictures on Stitched Stuffies

















Things I love Thursday - knitting, kisses, Spring flowers, antique mannequins and vintage dressforms with beautiful accessories

Things I love Thursday





















1. Naked 2. The Dressform 3. Necklace on vintage mannequin 4. Elegant Victorian inspired antique lace choker with rhinestone trim and brooch

Friday tomorrow! I love Fridays! Hope you have a lovely weekend coming up. I shall be finishing off my KISS quilt, eating choccy, blog hopping and making rock pool hearts ;o)

Carolyn ♥