Spring in St. Ives














Although I "blog without obligation" I have to say I'm sorry that I haven't blogged much here the last couple of weeks. I've had a lot going on behind the scenes and I'm having the most amazing stash bust ever! I have a room-full (and a loft-full) of "stuff" but can never find anything! Mainly, the clear out was initiated by "losing" my smallest, sharpest, bestest pair of scissors ... and, so far, they have still not come to light and I am bereft without them!! Scissors are so personal, don't you think?

Over on the other blog I have been busy blogging an ongoing textile project which you can see here if you are interested: Global Warming

The weather has been gorgeous in St. Ives all week and on Sunday hubby and I went for a long walk down the coast path and across four beaches: Porthminster beach, Harbour beach, Porthgwidden beach and Porthmeor beach. It was so good to get out in the sunshine after being home with a cold for a week. I love St. Ives and love living here. I'm working on some stitched collages of St. Ives as well as collages that include old family photos for my Calico Journal series, which I will show at some stage































For "Mosaic Monday" I managed a mosaic which is related to the textile project mentioned above and can be seen here: Mosaic

Also managed a spot of "Gardening Monday" - I've been buying bulbs every week from The Pound Shop and this week planted half a dozen aquilegia bulbs. I was surprised how big they were with great long roots. I only got three packets this week as you don't get so many of those in a bag for your pound and we spent quite a bit on the cherry tree last week. We've kept the garden tidy every week since New Year and now it's looking very pretty with crocus, primroses, hellebores, perriwinkle, daffs, miniature daffs and grape hyacinths

When I was out earlier I noticed the fields are now full of golden daffodils ready for market and so many of the wild flowers at the moment are yellows: winter aconite, gorse, catkins, pussy willow, crocus, daffs, narcissus, primroses, primulas ...

I'm feeling tired today because it's that time of the year when the seagulls are nesting on next door's roof and driving us mad!













Usually I love seagulls, the cry of the gulls reminds me that I live by the sea, I even have them on my "everyday" bag but ...



























... I don't love 'em squawking at the tops of their gullets at 6 o'clock in the morning when all I want to do is bury my head under the pillows for another couple of hours!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

Always "on pasty watch"

















This week I also had my "Christmas Crow Day" with Jo, who was very good and made small embellished pieces for Christmas (brooches and cards). I "needed" to work on my wet-felted piece of felt on the embellisher ... if you like you can follow progress here














Hope you all have happy creative days until the next time ...