Barefoot running... in a skirt

Monday was my P90X stretching workout, so last night was a running night. Remember... I am alternating cross-training days and running days. Does anyone else do this?

Three casual miles around the neighborhood after I got the kids to bed, listening to some music from my husband's iTunes. Who runs to The Grateful Dead? O. My husband doesn't run.

Sheesh. The Dead, Janis Joplin, freakin' Hotel California (who did that one?), The Doors... okay, they work for me. And then the Hendrix started. Jimi Hendrix. And I was transported back to my hippie childhood. Somehow, Hendrix combined with The Doors and a little zoned-out-ness from The Dead liberated me from the confining constructs of my current thought processes... I felt a need to really just let my hair down and embrace the more natural and the more feminine running trends...

I contemplated also going bra-less... but following that discussion last week, I thought "with" was the smarter way to go ;-)
Unfortunately, my technoskills are lacking and I couldn't figure out how to splice these two cuts together... so you get two for the price of one. And I apologize for the poor quality and really bad lighting... but that's what you get when you must run at night... in the dark... you can't see crap... literally.

So what did I think of running barefoot and in a skirt?

  1. Barefoot... not for me. I did not feel free or liberated or comfortable. I felt like I had to run weird... all stiff and protective... scared that I would step in crap or glass. Glass would just bleed and hurt; crap would be worse. Have you ever stepped in crap in your bare feet? And the Hendrix on my iPod was just to hippie-twirlin' good ... barefoot, outside in the street at night... all I want to do is dance.
  2. The skirt... kinda breezy (see my ABC's) but that was kinda nice :)  I am worried that it would get all wadded up around my legs... I would probably trip and fall if I were running with a tailwind. Though it would look pretty sexy in a headwind... let-down hair all blowing behind me and billowy skirt swirling back there, too... Don't think I could do a short skirt (again referencing ABC's).
There you have it... my experience with the latest trends. Guess I am just pretty old-fashioned. Or maybe just old.


*****************
PINK button! PINK link! The contest is really heating up today! At press time, there are 15 votes separating 9th, 10th and 11th.... Taking It On staged an awesome rally, but we need more! Dig down deep and see what your made of! Find that 'go-to' place! You've been training for this for years... you can do it! Think of all those mouse-clicks leading up to these next few days... and click... just click! Click for all you're worth!