We got here early afternoon and it's like I'm back in my childhood with old stuff on the telly and Mum baked a cake (banana, cherry and date cake) because she knows how much I love handmade and we had afternoon tea and sandwiches

The Saint was on the telly when we arrived and then we found an old Doris Day film which we hadn't seen before called "Young at Heart" also starring Frank Sinatra. Turn your volume up and listen to the song ... it's lovely ;o)

and then The Champions followed by Randall and Hopkirk (all faves from the past)



Dad's got a DVD for later - "The Darling Buds of May" ... perfick!
While the telly was on I uploaded lots of piccies of gorgeous gifts received from bloggy friends while I was having a little break recently. There are so many I'm not sure where to start! I hope you don't mind lots of piccies!
Firstly, some beautiful gifts from my lovely friend Cathie in North Carolina. Cathie thread painted this adorable blackbird for me on calico mounted on jute and fabric. The twigs and blossoms are from her garden and the words "Blackbird fly" machine stitched

I love the blackbird's face. I think Cathie has captured the blackbird's personality so beautifully in the twinkling of it's eyes. He is a kind, gentle blackbird

Cathie machine stitched the words to one of my favourite poems "Blackbird" by Paul McCartney

... and lucky me! Cathie stitched me these lovely labels with
"Love Stitching Red" on them

The doggy print fabric is from Gizmo. The seed pod below (in my dresser) is the same as one Gizmo swallowed and we were so worried about him for a while there! This is one that Cathie and Gizmo found on one of their walks for me

... and I got these lovely red treasures from Cathie ...

... and these gorgeous birdie and leaf fabrics too and so many other gorgeous treats including wonderful stitching mags, pods, rocks and treasures in my envelope. Thank you so much dear generous, thoughtful Cathie ♥

Melanie sent me one of her original limited edition prints for Easter right out of the blue. It was such a lovely surprise. It's gorgeous and it's called "Sulking Mermaid". Melanie sells her collaged and printed works from The Uys Gallery in St. Ives. If you are in St. Ives over the summer drop in and say hello to Mel - she's lovely!

... and another lovely gallery to pop in while you are in St. Ives is Art Space Gallery. Lesley is so lovely too and she sent me this gorgeous original collaged piece and a postcard of it too because she knows I love hearts so much. Thank you Lesley ♥

Talking of hearts, blog buddy Gill of Vintage Rock Chick shares my love of hearts so we arranged to do a heart swap! Gill sent me a beautiful parcel of red hearts

The first heart I received from Gill was made from silky white linen embroidered with running stitches and french knots. I think it's absolutely lovely and I've hung it on the front of my dresser along with a heart from Karen at Christmas
Gill made a second heart for me which is beautiful! I've hung it on the front of my other dresser. It's the red silky one

Isn't it gorgeous?

Here are some lovely details of the machine embroidery on the red silk. It really is exquisite!

A while ago I was admiring the little books that Gill made on one of Gina's workshops. Gill made this little one for me which is so perfect. It has tiny tiny machine embroidery, machine stitched braids and opens up like concertina style inside. I was chuffed to bits to receive this in my parcel

... and these little buttons are a complete bonus ...

Gill dyed these buttons herself and I love the way she has presented them on the tags. Lovely! They are just the PERFECT RED!

This is the card Gill sent me. Thank you so much for my lovely swap Gill ♥

Thank you also to Cathy of One Pink Goose. Cathy won my giveaway prize earlier in the year and in return she so very kindly sent me three gorgeous original prints and a dozen of her hand made cards with her original designs printed on them

These are two of my most favourites but they are all perfick and I've been using them and sharing the love. Thank you Cathy ♥

Karen and I like to send each other little surprise packets every now and then. These treasures were in my last parcel. Lots of pretty, vintage and nostalgic bits n bobs to use in my inchies and also altered dominoes which Karen has introduced me to. I'm looking forward to have a go at them. Thank you sweetie ♥

I had a nice surprise from my lovely friend Julie Mixed Media. The art card was made by a friend of Julie's

I do love all these waxy textures and golden highlights

Julie made me this really lovely heart, full of layers, textures, hand dyed velvets, scrims, vintage crochet, stitches and beads

I know I keep saying "lovely" but everything really is LOVELY! I shall treasure this heart because I know Julie stitched it for me while she was going through a difficult patch worrying about her Mum's health. Thank you dear one ♥


I won these lovely "Ditty Batts" from Phyllis of Spin Knit and Life in her giveaway a few weeks ago. I was absolutely thrilled to win them. They are so soft. I'm planning to use some in a piece of felting inspired by Penny of Fibrefrolics and the rest I want to spin on a drop spindle and then crochet into pieces to use in my rock pool hearts. Thank you dear Phyllis ♥

Last week my lovely sister-in-law treated me to a new bag. I fell in love on sight with the VW camper vans on this one and just had to have it. They are evocative of St. Ives, Cornwall and summer holidays and I'm using it as my "everyday" bag now and I will recycle my seagull bag into another project

Such a fun bag!

This morning I received more Libby Love. It came as a complete surprise to receive this postcard of one of LibbyQ's detailed stitchings and as a random act of kindness she sent me some packets of wild flower seeds. As soon as I get home I shall plant them into pots so I can enjoy the summer surprises


Thank you Libby Q ♥
Lovely Sharne is always so thoughtful. She generously sent me oodles of sheets of Tyvek because she knows I really love to use Tyvek in my work, painting, stitching and distressing it. Sharne also sent me this sheet of Tyvek which she had rusted on both sides. I love this loads

Lovely rusted patterns, textures and colours

Sharne also sent me this postcard of her beautiful scroll that she stitched. Sharne's textile work is very detailed and I enjoy following her projects on her blog. Sharne just showed her tree quilt on her blog which she made for the KISS challenge which I really love

These luscious rainbow ribbons were an extra pressie from Sharne too. Thank you so much Sharne ♥

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Sorry it was a long one! I'm always surprised and pleased when anyone leaves a comment for me and I love to share the work of others
Happy weekend dear blog buddies
Carolyn ♥