Naked Award Ceremony

So I'm way lame.  I've gotten a bunch of awards, and sometimes I've passed them on, but far more often I put them on a mental list to pass on later... to add to my blog layout later... but y'all KNOW how reliable my mental lists are (pfffftttt)... so I am TRYING to do some catching up today... acknowledging and passing on some awards...



I have FINALLY put my awards in a handy little photo album (at the bottom of the page) and I am passing them on! To make it Tart-like, not just another awards ceremony, I've brought in naked singers (above) to create a little ambiance and have a Naked MC, because... you know how I am...



Awesomesauce was awarded by Mel at Writings, Musings and Other Such Nonsense though in my head is the idea that maybe B. Miller also passed on such a thing... (remember... nothin' in my noggin)



I would like to award it in turn to:  Jan at Tartitude  Fellow Tart, Jan never fails to entertain, and oddly enough, usually informs, or at least makes me think.



The Most Excellent Blogger Award is from Jessica at The Alliterative Allomorph



To Roland at Writing in the Crosshairs Roland has a great mix of writing, networking and informative, and I always get sucked in over there.



And Elizabeth at Mystery Writing is Murder because she is doing ALL this stuff right...







TheSunshine Award was given by my Thursday twin Natasha/Rayna at Coffee Rings Everywhere



I'd like to pass it on to:



I'm Not Hannah  not because she is always perky, but because she always sheds some light--lays it out there to look at honestly, sometimes on hard topics, and I always come out of it feeling like there is hope.



And to Kierah Jane Reilly because she always makes me smile.





Cherry on Top Awarded by Raquel Byrnes at Edge of Your Seat Romance



I'd like to pass it on to:Natasha at Coffee Rings Everywhere.  My Thursday Twin she may be, but she offers insight into a part of the world few of us know, and there is always a lot of heart in what she presents.













And then the next several, I've been given more than once, so I am just going to pass them forward...





I'd like to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award to:



Helena at Becoming Layla

I'd like to pass Circle of Friends to:



Now this one, I'd like to pass on to ALL of you--it is hard to narrow a list... but I decided I must, so I limited it to people I've MET through blogging, that then the friendship has gone another step.



Elizabeth at Mystery Writing is Murder

B. at B. Miller Fiction

Jessica at The Alliterative Allomorph

and Jan at Crazy Jane









And then from Mel, I was tagged in one of these blog games...



If I were a: MONTH

I would be June.  Yes, my birthday is then, but it is more about thunderstorms and the weather being a comfortable temperature, but behaving so dramatically.  That's me... drama in a comfort zone...



If I were a: DAY

I would be Thursday. A little of this (okay, maybe more than a little) is delusional Thursday, but most of it is because I LOVE anticipation.  I actually prefer anticipation to the actual event much of the time… the JOURNEY, not the BEING there… Oh, yeah.  I’m all over Thursday.



If I were a: TIME OF DAY

Dusk.  The time of day when I can put away my obligations and write alone or relax with friends.



If I were a: SEASON

Totally SUMMER.  Hot and a little too much, if you know what I mean *snort*.  Seriously though, this is when you can be immersed in the water, or lounge lazily in the sun.  Bright daytimes and sultry nights.  That’s me.



If I were a: PLANET

Jupiter.  Jupiter rules LUCK which I like, but it is the biggest, and on the extravagant side, and I like that Io is covered in mice.



If I were a: DIRECTION

I would be West.   This is an identity thing that I can’t quite explain, possibly related to rebellion.



If I were a: TREE

I would be a weeping willow, long armed and flashy, in that lazy sort of way they have, but with cozy crooks to keep people safe when they need to get away and enough strength for plenty of play.



If I were an: ANIMAL

I would be a dolphin—smart and playful, with near human intelligence *cough*.



If I were a: MUSICAL INSTRUMENT

I would be bagpipes… a little loud and off key for some… people love ‘em or find them obnoxious, but at least they won’t forget the experience.



If I were a: FRUIT

Huckleberries… playful and tart! (excellent covered in icecream *wink*)



If I were a: FOOD

Lime chicken enchiladas… spicy, cheesy, but full of sustenance.



If I were a: COLOR

Silver.  Cheaper than that other flashy stuff, but definitely more versatile.



If I were a: BOOK

I would be Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins—a quirky heroine bent on achieving her dreams despite detractors and obstacles, a mad journey full of horny satyrs and nymphs and a lot of time bendy strangeness, all tied up with a lovely odor…



If I were a: SONG

I would be Bohemian Rhapsody:  A really GREAT tale, told melodramatically enough to be both funny and classically beautiful at the same time.



If I were a: MOVIE

I'd be the Life of Brian:  Cross-dressing, naked silliness, chock full of Innuendo, but some classical references and philosophy in there just to keep you thinking.  And it's true that I'm not the Messiah, just a naughty girl...



If I were a: FLOWER

I would be a California Poppy. A bright, cheery surprise that, before you know it, has taken over everything.



If I were a: FACIAL EXPRESSION

I would be the raised eyebrow reminding you what you said can be taken as innuendo, whether you meant it that way or not.





And finally I just want to tell you how FABULOUS you all are.  I love this big old Blogofamily--such a friendly, inclusive group.  Makes this painful slog toward publication MUCH less painful than it might otherwise be.