Well, I haven't done an awful lot the past couple of weeks but I managed to finish off a few little things to help catch up with my alphabet. Here are the letters L M N and O
L is for leaves on a tag with tissue paper and sequins

and having a whim to sew through leaves

Love ... devotion or attachment to another

These are my inchies for the letters L and M

Love and Marriage

M is for mitts that I actually knitted quite a while ago but only got round to sewing up this week ... on the hottest day of the year so far (84 degrees on Monday)
M is for melancholy just because I love making tags


Make a wish ...

M is for mosaic. I love to put together collections of inspiring photos and discover the work of new artists in the process
The theme of this mosaic is Notions for the flickr group "Things I love Thursday"

Things I love Thursday - vintage sewing machines, cotton reels, tape measures, scissors, crocheted lace, bobbins, button tins, heirlooms and stitching with touches of red
1. Singer Sewing Machine Instruction Book 2. Vintage buttons 3. Grandma's button jar 4. We are the poets 5. Some plain spinning. (C365:83) [Mar 24, 08] 6. “Lurking at her heart” 7. 100 yards 8. Vintage lace 9. Tape measure 2 10. Vintage scissor & needle sharpener 11. Twine balls 12. Vintage bag 13. Woodland Bros
Please click on the links above to see more work by these inspiring artists on flickr
N is for notions

Notion - my inchy for the letter N

Nis for New Hat Old Bird ... a card I bought quite a while ago because it made me smile and because I love blackbirds. The artwork is by Jane Winton of Jane and the Happy Crow

More birds from Jenny McCabe who has the most delightful blog called Yarn Soup

This is a postcard Jenny sent me

o is for owl ... one of Jenny's beautiful little cards

o is for ...old fashioned and out on a whim

o is for Ochre and ...

o is for Outing ... a grand day out with my friend Jo to Truro visiting the Museum and doing a bit of retail therapy. In Truro Museum I was amazed by the display of recycled art by artist David Kemp called The Botallack Hoard
All the installations, figures and God Dollies are made from vintage finds from old mine workings, farm dumps, beaches and boot sales. Fascinating! Here are a few postcards of David Kemp's work that I bought for my sketchbook

Made from recycled plastic bottles

I loved this exhibition so much that I'm going back for another view after hospital tomorrow. That will cheer me up :o)

I'm going to keep busy this weekend. I recently got new cupboards, shelves and a bookcase for my sewing room so I will be taking my time organising my bits and bobs and also going for some little walks in the fresh air and maybe a blog over here too
Happy Oak Apple Day and have a good weekend and make the most of the lovely sunshine we are having :o)
Carolyn ♥