Gingerbread and ginger

G is for getting there, gradually catching up, gingerbread and ginger tones in this mixed media fabric collage I started a couple of weeks ago and just got round to finishing. This is a bird with a message!

I like the idea that birds recycle fluff and stuff for their nests. I had a childhood book about a little girl with golden hair. Each day after brushing her hair, her granny told her she must collect the golden hairs out of her hairbrush and give them to the wind so that the birds could catch them and line their nests with her soft golden hair. I always think of that when I brush my hair each day ... only the softest lined nests will do for my blackbirds' bottoms!

Recycle bird collage
















I wrapped text and thread around the twig. The blackbird feathers are from my garden

















The dried seed pods are couched on

















G is for gingerbread and my inchy for the letter "G" in the inchy alphabet challenge












G is for a gorgeous ginger inspired mosaic that includes some great gingerbread dolls made by my friend Monique of Blueberry Fields (see bottom middle)






















1. Hello Autumn I have been expecting you 2. Measurement1 3. Oh glorious autumn! 4. The gilded thicket 5. Untitled 6. Chance encounter 7. Golden sun_face 8. Gingerbread dolls 9. Valentine swap with Ann ~ Tinrabbit

Thanks to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work


Ginger and gold ribbon and some twiggy things I picked up on my walk






















Gingerbread ornie made from fabric with a homespun scarf, decorated with spicy cloves and some of those twiggy things I picked up






















Ginger is feeling the cold again! We have a bright and sunny day in St. Ives but it's very chilly ... not Spring yet ... but it's on the way!

















That's all for today ... busy catching up with "H" now ... back soon!

Carolyn ♥