Dandelions, dreams, desires and A VALENTINE'S DAY GIVEAWAY!

D is for disappearing act! You may have noticed that I disappeared from blogland last week. I sneaked off on holiday with hubby! He was in need of some winter sun and I jumped at the chance of a week stitching in the sunshine! I will post some photos and tell you all about it in my next post because the place we went to begins with "E" so that will get you guessing ...

As usual, after a little holiday, there is always a lot to catch up with at home, work, blogs, emails and flickr mails so I shall do my best to visit everyone over the next few days

D is for dandelions, daisies, dreams and desires

This is my belated calendar for February. The photo I've used is one that my sister took of a dandelion seed head






















Dandelion dreams
Watch the seeds fly, make a wish
Whisper your desires

Dandelion dreams





















1. Shots from the archives #62 raindrops in dandelion clock 2. ☷ 3. dandelion clock IV (version) 4. ~ 5. Wishes 6. Dandelion 7. ☰ 8. Dandelions/spring rain 9. Shadow garden

All credit goes to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work

Mosaic Monday
Haikus - Week 5 I love dandelion seedheads for their natural colouring, umbel shape seeds and nostalgic association with childhood summers ... summer meadows, parched lawns, water sprinklers, skipping ropes, daisy chains, fairies, telling the time and making wishes ...

Make a wish





















1. Dreams are made of these 2. Falling away 3. Make me a wish 4. Garden in my head

All credit goes to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work

D is for dreaming and desire
My inchie for the letter "D" has Valentine's Day in mind












D is for delightful GIVEAWAY ending on Valentine's Day

.. and Valentine's Day brings me to the giveaway I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I won the "Pass the Book" giveaway organised by Emma. The book is called "Time Remembered" by Mrs. Dora Saint (part of the Miss Read series). In Time Remembered Miss Read writes about her family's move from London to the idyllic countryside of a charming little village in Kent, while she is still a very young girl, her discovery of and love of nature and her introduction to life in the small village school

The book is delightful and charming! I loved reading it on holiday. Now, it's my turn to pass it on for someone else to enjoy. As well as the book, there will be other prizes. I will include one of my "rockpool hearts", some of my hand made tags and some lovely Valentine's Day treats. I will show you the whole package later in the week before the draw. You pass the book on, but you get to keep the other goodies!


















If you have a blog and would like a chance of winning the "Pass the Book Giveaway" please leave me a comment here on this post telling me about YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD BOOK
I will pull the winner's name on Valentine's Day ♥

I would also like to thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my posts while I've been away. I really love to hear from you and I'll be round to visit very soon

Good luck in the giveaway!

Carolyn ♥