So the train took me home and threw me out in torrential rain, which followed me as I walked the mile home from the station. Luckily, dearly beloved had got home before me and had lit the fire, which now has our wet clothes steaming infront of it - with dogs underneath; legs a kimbo toasting their bums! However, I did not have coffee, nor did I have a twix, nor did I read the paper - saving £2.75 and as I work five days a week for 40 weeks of the year and if I did that....as so many people seem to do I would spend £550 a year. Let's add up the savings this week. Train instead of car = save £600 Packed lunch instead of school lunch = save £400 and make myown coffee and read the school paper = save £550 total savings by being frugal = £1550 a year! suddenly that coffee didn't seem that important.
All I wanted was a cup of coffee!
So the train took me home and threw me out in torrential rain, which followed me as I walked the mile home from the station. Luckily, dearly beloved had got home before me and had lit the fire, which now has our wet clothes steaming infront of it - with dogs underneath; legs a kimbo toasting their bums! However, I did not have coffee, nor did I have a twix, nor did I read the paper - saving £2.75 and as I work five days a week for 40 weeks of the year and if I did that....as so many people seem to do I would spend £550 a year. Let's add up the savings this week. Train instead of car = save £600 Packed lunch instead of school lunch = save £400 and make myown coffee and read the school paper = save £550 total savings by being frugal = £1550 a year! suddenly that coffee didn't seem that important.