Out with the old ...

I find myself looking back over the last year, reflecting on the little challenges I set myself and groups that I joined. For the most part, it was a successful year

Sketchbooks - I delight in them! I do something in my books most days and they bring me more joy than anything else. I haven't shown them much ... but I might do one day. They push me to try new things, help me to really notice everything in my little world and to grow spiritually and as an artist

Mosaic Monday - I discovered how to make photo mosaics and I was away with the fairies!! The mosaics have brought me absolutely loads of pleasure sourcing beautiful, inspiring photos from my flickr friends and faves and putting them together in collections

Hearts I ♥





















All credit goes to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work

1. We are the poets 2. One doesn't have a heart of stone 3. Red velvet heart, 4. “Lurking at her heart” 5. Zinc Heart & Candle Holders 6. New linen hearts 7. Nature love 8. Scrapblog fun 9. Securing a heart 10. Hearts 11. Button heart 12. I heart 13. Hearts


Photography - I've really been enjoying (and had some interest in) my still life nature arrangements which I want to pursue further. I love walking and finding thngs and using the finds. In 2010 I want to learn more about digital collage, layers and textures and I know someone who can teach it to me ... it's just a question of time ... as most things are ...






















Year of Colour - Really pushed my buttons! That is why I have two blogs! I like this one to be calm with touches of my favourite red and the pale vintage tones which I have in my home. The other one is everything else - all the colours I love to work with, all mixed together, plus textiles. Yes, I admit to being a "colour control freak" but that's just me!

Inchy challenge - I failed miserably ... but intend to have another go in 2010. It's very hard to make art only one inch square and I take my hat off to all the artists in the Inchy challenge group for producing so many beautiful little pieces week after week!

Gardening Monday - Started out with good intentions! From January until October "we" managed (pretty much) to spend at least an hour in the garden every Monday morning - tidying, weeding, planting or sweeping up ... I found just getting out there was the hardest part as I'm not a natural gardener. I like it to look nice, but I'm never going to be Charlie Dimmock! Once I made the effort I found myself enjoying it and often "lost" 2 or 3 hours ... October and November brought so much rain it was impossible to do much in the garden and I lost momentum. December, I'm afraid, was a non-event in the garden and it's looking rather sad at the moment. I shall renew my enthusiasm for the garden in January. The highlight was, one day in late Summer, having a cute, fat, fluffy robin follow me round just a foot away chattering to me

Cottage - Two big jobs still to do then we are onto the nice bits - painting/decorating, some new carpets and furniture. Hope to get this finally finished in 2010

Blogging friends - Blogging has been a real blessing to me. I have met some wonderful blog friends and made some really special friendships and blogging has been a really good creative outlet too. It gave me somewhere to "stick my stuff" and some creative purpose when I wasn't sure of my direction. I joined and have enjoyed the challenges of various on-line workshop groups too, some of which are ongoing (that means ... unfinished!)

Christmas - Where has this week gone? I haven't finished blogging Christmas yet! I've been trying to write this post for several days but I keep getting distracted. I've been baking a lot and losing myself amongst all the beauty and talent on flickr ...

So now it's time ...

Time





















1. Montre à Gousset Famille 2. Idle 3. BEE on Time Steampunk Necklace 4.2:50 pm

... to wish you a lovely New Year's Eve and send blessings for 2010














H a p p y
N e w
Y e a r

May your dreams and wishes come true!

Carolyn ♥