
It started off with a fab trip to Falmouth with Jo primarily to visit the vintage flea market and Trago Mills. On the way, we were seduced into Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe, purveyors of the finest confectionery. We were like two kids in a candy store, oh yes!
I bought some damson flavoured fudge but it didn't last long enough to be photographed!


At the vintage
flea market I
found some
Pingouin biais
de coton
(basically
calico fabric
1 cm wide x
50 metres)
only £1 a ball
and perfect for
natural dyeing
experiments
I got lots of
textile and art
bits in Trago's
too!
I had a wonderful swap with Monique of Blueberry Fields. Monique saw this birdie collage I made earlier and she wanted one similar

This is the raw edged birdie collage I made for Monique. It is mixed media - calico, fabric, printed papers, printed calico machine stitched with feathers, buttons and hand stitching

I made the little tag too. It is hand painted, distressed with ink with a flower brad I made

I swapped the birdie for the cutest little pumpkin I have ever seen called "sweetness". I have already blogged it here along with other autumn treasures
I was very lucky to win another giveaway hosted by Mademoiselle G. I won these gorgeous printed cards with the art work of Genevieve which came in time for Halloween

For Halloween I also love the stuff that Kath (Out on a Whim) makes, so a little while ago I got this altered tag

Along with the tag Kath sent me these bits n bobs, vintage black buttons, dark red ribbon and vintage silver edged frames - thanks Kath

One of my stuffies got into Cloth Paper Scissors - it's on page 76 of the latest issue (Nov/Dec). The fabric was painted and inked and the seed heads were made from fabric, lace, paper and plastic and then machined in silver metallic thread

I'll try and get round to posting more about how I made the stuffies and some photographs on Stitched Stuffies very soon but I've got another busy week ahead so I'm not sure when I'll get to do it

My week ahead is hectic. I'm away for a few days visiting Mum & Dad in Somerset then I've got two commissions to work on, some giveaway prizes to package up and I want to try and get to a few galleries too. In particular, I want to see Biddy Picard's work at Badcocks and the art work of Catherine Hyde at The Lighthouse Gallery in Penzance. I have loved Catherine Hyde's work for a long time when I fell in love with one of her paintings of an Autumn crow. Catherine paints nature and landscapes

GIVEAWAY!
Now it's time to announce the results of the giveaway
I want to thank each and every one of you for entering. I found your responses charming and interesting and enjoyed reading them all very much. I was overwhelmed by the number of responses so I've added a few prizes to the pot. There will be the three original prizes of the textile art/craft inspiration packs and a textile art heart made by me. In addition, I am offering four prizes of a textile art heart. So now to the winners:
I wrote down all the names - can you see yourself in there?

I folded all the names (133) and put them in the hat. OK - it's not a pointy hat - I was working so I just didn't get time to make a pointy hat! But I did knit this lovely red beanie hat recently

I had help on the blog today from my giveaway assistant - Custard the cat! He found it quite easy to get his paws in the hat and these are the names he pulled ...

THE WINNERS!
The first three names Custard picked were:
DOREEN G
LIBBY QUILTER
SHARNE
You each win a creative textile art/craft inspiration pack and a textile art heart
The next four names Custard picked out win a textile art heart:
GER
MONICA - THE WHITE BENCH
EMMA - SILVER PEBBLE
MELANIE UYS
I will be contacting you so that I can get your prizes off to you. I really enjoyed this giveaway, it was a lot of fun, so I'm thinking about doing another one in December with a Christmas theme! Watch this space!
Have a great weekend ♥