BLOG GIVEAWAY

Call it a clan
Call it a network
Call it a tribe
Call it a family

Whatever you call it
Whoever you are
You need one

Jane Howard















I enjoy blogging and I've made some really nice friendships through my blog. I feel like we are in our own little world, an upbuilding network of fun, friendship, warmth, encouragement and creativity

It's been a little while since I blogged properly here. In that time, I have achieved most of the things I needed to get done, mostly stuff to do with work

During my blog break I had my first "blind date" with a blogging friend

I met up with Julie, who was down with her husband on holiday in St. Ives, and I knew before we met that we would get on like a house on fire. I was right. Julie is such a lovely lady and we fell into an easy conversation and friendship and I felt like we had known each other for years. We had a nice time wandering through St. Ives and spent a long time having tea and blueberry muffins at Porthgwidden Cafe overlooking the bay

Birds ...

















... in all shapes, sizes and degrees of fluffiness ...






















... lined up to help finish off the blueberry muffins ...













Julie and I exchanged gifts and we showed each other pieces of textile work and sketchbooks and talked, talked, talked. I will show you Julie's gifts to me separately as part of my celebration of colour I am having here

Afterwards we visited a few galleries and didn't stop nattering all afternoon, ending up drinking more tea in their rented cottage overlooking the harbour!

I met up with Julie and her husband a second time when we went out for a drink to The Sloop. Her DH was delighted because the weather was rough that day and he was able to get some superb photographs of the spectacular waves and surf crashing up over Lambeth Walk. He kindly gave me permission to show you one of his photographs of the waves crashing over but if you want to see more of his stunning photography click here
















Thanks Julie's DH!

I have been involved in some lovely swaps with blogging friends recently. I received these lovely pieces of silver fabric, mesh and adorable charms from Cathie




















and these silver and white fabrics, yarns and bits and bobs were part of a fab package from Connie



















and this lace too






















The words are from The Willows in Winter















More silver charms from Cathie on a linen band sent from Connie

















A card from Natasha (see below)

















I have long admired the art work of Natasha Newton
(A Blackbird Sings). I bought a couple of her postcards/art sticker packs to stick in my sketchbooks. Her artwork is distinctive and always features either trees, landscapes or black birds ... all things I love ...
















I think you can see why I love these


































This one was photographed on top of a book called "Fabric Art Journals" which I got on ebay. I couldn't believe my luck - I got it for just 99p

















Natasha's landscapes remind me a little of the beautiful illustrations in one of my favourite books called "Rook" by Deborah King






















I have also had on my wish list for quite a while one of Michala's beautiful stitched tree landscapes. I recently comissioned a small piece from her in grey and silver and I really love it

Silver Tree





















I knew it would come beautifully stitched and that the colours would work for me. The white and silver threads perfectly resemble a heavy frost or snow which is what I was looking for. Michala also kindly included some postcards of her work, which I am showing here as part of my celebration of colour series

Beautiful details
































BLOG GIVEAWAY


Now it's time for a blog giveaway

I am offering some creative textile art/craft inspiration packs put together by me. The packs will be put together with the recipient in mind, therefore I can't show them here just yet, but they will include inspiring pictures, fabrics, distressed sheers, metallic fabrics, craft papers, fibres, threads, yarns, beads, buttons, charms, textile bits and bobs, hand painted textured pieces created by me, Tyvek pieces, Tyvek beads made by me, metal, wire and a crafted item that I will make especially for the winners

Does that sound ok?

This is all you have to do to enter. Leave a comment here telling me:

1. Your favourite colour
2. Your favourite theme
3. Your favourite season

There will be three prizes. All entries will be put in the pointy hat and the winners will be announced on HALLOWEEN - 31st October 2009 - GOOD LUCK!