The Time Traveler's Wife (movie)

Photobucket


I haven't read the book yet, but now that I've seen The Time Traveler's Wife at the movie theater, I can't wait to read it.

Claire (Rachel McAdams) is a young woman who has had visits from a man named Henry (Eric Bana), a time traveler, since she was 6 years old. When she, as a young woman, meets him at the library where he works (in present-time), she asks him to dinner and there begins a really touching love story.

This movie was just wonderful. I think the actors did a great job, and the scenery and camera work were really impressive. The storyline was easy to follow and had me chuckling, gasping in surprise, and crying my eyes out. I also think that there's something extra-romantic about sci-fi love stories. The idea of traveling through time and gravitating to the person you're meant for is just super sweet. Aren't I such a sap? Also, when Henry time-travels, his clothes don't come with him. I'm a nit-pick and like that it's only him that travels, and not whatever he's wearing or holding at the moment.

Overall, I didn't think there was anything bad about the movie. And since the books are usually better, I'm looking forward to picking up a copy of the book for myself.

4.7 out of 5 stars



~Sarah