
Yesterday I spent two hours in the garden tidying, weeding and making space for little bulbs to go in
All morning I was followed round by a cute fluffy robin. At one point he was only a foot away from me and stayed there for ages. He was chirping away and singing and I told him what a darling he was. It was like having a conversation with him. See - I talk to birds and plants as well as pink cats! The highlight of my day!
I had a bit of a shock this morning, I looked out the window into the garden to see a large grey tortoise! After a strong cup of coffee, it turned out to be a very large grey stone that I had put there yesterday to prop up a sagging hydrangea plant :o)
Today is Gardening Monday and I spent another two hours this morning tidying and sweeping up. It's satisfying to have a tidy garden
I came indoors to put the kettle on (reward time for all that hard work!) and I noticed we have an extra mouth to feed!

A grey squirrel has been visiting. He seems to think it's an "eat all you like" garden and has been pinching the blackbirds' sultanas!
Go eat nuts or something!

He is kinda cute - but I'm not telling HIM that!
Over the weekend I did a little natural dyeing with St. John's Wort berries and blackberries


I describe the process in more detail here
The blackberries produced the most gorgeous colour dye. You can see why I love it!


The fabrics are still soaking but I will be posting the results soon
I've got a silly song in my head that I've been singing out loud for a couple of days ... arrrrggghhh!
I'm hoovering and dancing around to this:
all around my hat I will wear the green willow
and all around my hat for a twelve month and a day
and if any one should ask me the reason why I'm wearing it
it's all for my true love who's far, far away
Steeleye Span
It could be because I'm really missing ♥hubby♥ ...
... or it could be just a really annoying song in my head ... it will be something else in a few days ...
While I was gardening I found this

Wishing you all a happy week ahead!