Not Summer, Not Autumn, Not The Beatles

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for all the lovely comments left on my recent posts. I have enjoyed hearing from you all

We are now celebrating a new month, so I've started by making a calender for September






















Our bank holiday weekend started off nicely with an unplanned night out watching "Not The Beatles" in The Lifeboat pub on Friday night. St. Ives is very, very busy at the moment with many holidaymakers. The pub was heaving and there was a great party atmosphere

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen "Not The Beatles". They are a local band who hail from Hayle and so they play St. Ives quite often. We always enjoy watching them every time, it's such a great night out, if you ever get the chance to see them! The fab four will be playing in The Lifeboat again during the St. Ives Festival in September (Friday 18th) - we will be there again!

Last time I saw them I got completely "pickled" and I confess to pinching the band's flyer from the ladies loo and getting the band to autograph it. Here you can see I've got "Not Ringo's" last ever autograph!









































On Sunday my sister came to stay for a week. We went for a walk to the top of Knill Monument. The Monument is one of the highest points in St. Ives. Usually, there are some very nice views from the top but the Cornish mizzle blew in shrouding the countryside in mist

















On the way, I picked 4 lbs of blackberries, 1 lb of St. John's Wort berries and gathered some seedheads and leaves. I will be using the St. John's Wort berries and some of the blackberries to dye fabrics and threads and will be posting my natural dyeing experiments with the berries soon. Most of the blackberries will be made into blackberry and apple jam, bramble jelly and a mixed fruit crumble

Blackberries





















St. John's Wort berries
















A lonely berry from the St. John's Wort plant



















Our bank holiday weekend weather has been so unstable ... warm sunshine one moment ... very heavy rain the next ..... that it doesn't feel like Summer any more but it's not quite Autumn yet either. So I thought I would post a last burst of Summer inspired photos

Boat made from driftwood





















Peeling paint from boats in the harbour at The Lizard





















PZ boat
















Boat made from driftwood





















Watercolour pebbles


















I'll be back with the berry dye experiments soon as well as photos from Geevor and Levant. In the meantime, have a good week!