I think I'm losing it!

After our Anniversary on Wednesday, hubby went away working for a week. He's only been gone two days and I find myself talking to a pink cat! But he doesn't answer back, he just sits there grinning at me like I'm a mad thing!





















He sits on the stove staring at me with his hands on his hips. He probably thinks I spend too long on the computer!














Must remember to move him before we light a fire!

















I sit opposite the inglenook fireplace. This is my corner where I sit with my mug of tea and my laptop talking to you and wasting time watching Roobarb & Custard TV narrated by the witty Richard Briers






















In case you are wondering, the pebble art on the wall was made by my clever hubby. We both love pebbles!














I bought a lucky dip lottery ticket for tonight, fingers crossed. I have had a very lucky time since my last post on Thursday. I have won two absolutely gorgeous blog giveaways (more on that later) and I received a really pretty blog award from Pom Pom as well. Thank you Pom Pom - I made it pinky red!

So, now, the blog rules are that I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself and then pass it on to seven deserving bloggers which will be very hard because look at the long list down the right hand side of the blogs I love to visit and keep up with!

Seven Sillies

1. My earliest sewing memory was when I was about 4 years old sewing cards, do you remember these? Cardboard sewing cards with pictures of say, a strawberry, with little holes around the image, you sew in and out of the holes with wool and a big needle and then cut round it. I was in my jamas and Mum was sewing/mending while we were waiting for Dad to come home from work. I was working away with the sewing card close to my legs and I distinctly remember her telling me to be careful about cutting through my jamas .... oh whoooops ...

2. I have been known to sew through my trousers too and to make thin patches on my jeans while sewing in the car. Must be a weird knack I have or something

3. I came second in a baby contest and when I was about 7 years old I won a painting competition for painting a beer bottle label for Bulmers Cider ... nothing like starting early is there!

4. When I was about 5 years old my Dad was washing the car while I was sitting in the driver's seat. The car was parked on the top of a hill and I "playfully" let the handbrake off. The car started to roll down the hill and my Dad (good job he was fit then) had to run after it, open the car door and pull the handbrake up. I was neither shaken nor stirred!!!

5. Following on from the last one, when me and my sister were aged around 6 and 3 we were on holiday in Wales and up Snowdonia about to catch the little train that goes to the top of the mountain. Some of our party was lagging behind a bit but our Nanna egged the two of us to "be good girls and get on the train". We obliged. The train started off up the mountain without parents or grandparents and Dad had to run to catch the train and jump on!!

6. When it comes to cars I should have been blonde! When I first passed my driving test I thought how friendly everyone was. I was pleased to pass and I drove around all evening with a big smile on my face because everyone was flashing and waving at me! I thought to myself how can they know I've just passed my test and I'm feeling happy? I had my fog lights on. Fog lights? What are they?

7. Not all that long ago, just before we moved to the cottage, hubby was putting in central heating in the cottage while I stayed at the other house packing up boxes. The car alarm on our car started going off for no reason. I used the remote key thingy to try to stop it. I opened all the car doors and the boot and made sure they were all shut properly, and the windows, locked the car again. Still the alarm was going off. I didn't know what else to try. I rang hubby and he said he would get the AA out to look at it. They wouldn't come to the car because he wasn't with the car (he was in Cornwall). He had a row with them. Eventually, they agreed to come out and look at the car as a gesture of goodwill. The AA man was very prompt. Both of us walked all around the car wondering what on earth was setting the alarm off. Then the man worked it out! It was next door's car!!!!! I still haven't lived that one down yet!!

If you are still reading this - pleased consider yourself awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award and list seven things about yourself on your blog










Well, must go, I've got lots of new stitchy painty things in the making and blackberry dyeing to blog about

Have a lovely weekend! I'll be back on the sofa again soon! Notice I didn't say "couch"!