Cornwall

Hello followers - nice to SEE you ...

A few weeks ago now, when my sister came to stay, we went out and about locally in Cornwall and I haven't had a moment to show you

Fortunately for me, and in the nick of time, the photos of the rock colours tie in nicely with "A Year of Colour" which I have neglected recently. The colours for September are orange/copper and there is a lot of Orange and Copper going on over here at the moment

















We went on the open top bus to Geevor Tin Mine, not far from Pendeen, and walked from there along a blackberry lined coast path to the ruins of Levant Steam Engine House






















I found the architecture of the window arches, chimneys and engine houses of the mines very interesting

Also of great interest to me were the large rocks scattered around the landscape, some of which had many amazing textures and colours (copper/orange)































































A few days later we were on Godrevy beach for a spot of beachcombing on my part and photography on my sister's part. She has a very good artistic eye for composition and colour and she takes some breathtakingly beautiful photographs



















These are two of her photographs taken on the beach at Godrevy that day

The weather was very heavy and moody. Half an hour later it poured with large chunky hailstones in August!

















If you would like to see more of her photos you can click on the picture and it will take you to her photostream on flickr

It was unusual to find so much driftwood washed up in the rock pools that day














These were some of my finds - pretty pieces of shimmery slate, driftwood, mussel shells, a crab shell and limpets with holes for sewing
















I love the colours and textures in the slate


















































Mussels are so special - especially the various shades of denim blue














I like to use mussels on cards

This is a card I bought called "Seven Mussels" from a painting by Derek Jenkins. I first came across the work of Derek Jenkins about ten years ago. I especially love his paintings of pebbles and I have many of his cards
















and this is me - enjoying playing in the sand at an early age - with my beautiful Mum keeping her eye on me. I was a content child - a little spade and a matchbox and I was happy :o)






















I'm sorry to post and run but I promise to pop over and visit YOUR blog tomorrow! xx

Wishing you sunshine and happiness :o)

Bedtime reading: Areas of Outstanding National Beauty in West Penwith Cornwall