
... the need for some personal space, to get away from the computer, to spend time walking through the woodlands, touching the leaves, collecting plants for dyestuffs and poking about in the hedgerows in the country lane outside my home ...
... the need to spend an hour or so at the beach, collecting treasures, paddling in the cold sea water, smelling the seaweed, feeling the sea breeze, watching the waves and reflecting ...

... then the necessary next phase of cottage renovations, the unwelcome mess, the constant cleaning up but knowing how nice it will all look one day ...
... most recently a visit from friends and enjoying visiting other seaside places nearby and eating out ...
... and August brings more visits to and from family to look forward to ...

So, I am all out of routine but in a NICE way!
I realise I have to just "go with things" for a while. No point in beating myself up because this hasn't been a "makey stitchy" blog recently. I have to be patient. I am brimming with ideas and projects I am itching to work on but it will all have to wait till September ... so I'm letting myself off the hook ... being kind to myself ... and my blogs will continue to be about summer distractions and the things that are happening around me ... for just a little while longer

Have a good weekend ♥