
Where did the last two weeks go? They just whizzed by in a blur of red white and blue ...

Over the summer I've been making the most of where I live and visiting many tourist attractions and other beautiful seaside places
I've been on the open top bus twice already this summer, a round trip I would thoroughly recommend for beautiful and diverse Cornish countryside and far reaching seascapes. It's a bus you can hop on and off of all day and visit many places
We did the whole round trip from St. Ives to Penzance via Sennen Cove and Land's End ...
Sennen Cove

... ending the day with dinner in The Dolphin Tavern in Penzance ... a great pub that is far more salubrious than these pictures suggest!


I'm lucky to be able to walk into St. Ives whenever I like and I also visit Godrevy most weeks as it's one of my most favourite places for beachcombing

Two weeks ago we had friends down to stay and we took the whole week off and did the holiday thing. We pottered about in St. Ives harbour and pootled in and out of the shops in Fore Street. There are many wonderful art galleries and shops in St. Ives but my most favourite shops are Chocolat in The Digey and The Glass Tree in Fore Street

You have to try this chocolate! If you're not likely to get to St. Ives, Chocolat do have an online shop so you can still buy the wonderful local chocolates and old fashioned sweets from the sweetie jars


The Glass Tree is my most "bestest" shop in St. Ives for gifts and nice country things for the cottage

Sherry gave me permission to take photos of the window display

Sherry had decorated the window to promote the performances of Dad's Army at The Kidz R Us Theatre. You can still see performances of Dad's Army on 25th August and 1st, 8th and 15th September. I can highly recommend it as I saw it a couple of year's ago. The performances were very professional and it was incredibly funny - just like the telly programme!





While promoting performances, I would also like to recommend the St. Ives Community Play - "Romeo and Juliet" which is being performed "en plein air" (in the open air/outdoors) on The Island in August and September. There is a performance tonight on The Island and Sunday 23rd August in The Plen at St. Just, Cornwall. Further performances will be held on The Island, St. Ives on 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th of September. Performances go ahead no matter what the weather is doing! On Thursday night poor Juliet was in her underwear when the heavens opened ..... !
We visited The Lizard with friends. I always love it there. The countryside is so different to Penwith and at The Lizard I love to see these plants growing on the cliffs. I don't know what they are called but they look just like jelly beans!




Red white and blue boats in the tiny harbour at The Lizard


Peeling paint and stripes


More boats in Porthleven harbour

Watching the waves

The photos in the last post were taken at Porthleven and I made the pebble heart on the beach at Godrevy
This week I've been on the open top bus again. It's such a lot of fun when you meet another open top bus coming the other way down a narrow Cornish lane fit for single file (but not for the drivers, I imagine!)
I went as far as Geevor Tin Mine and met a good friend for lunch and we visited the Art & Craft Exhibition at Cape Cornwall School. I bought a few cards there. I got this one by Stevie Hawtin
Rocking Body

and I got these by Anne Phelps
Over Mounts Bay

Jets over Hayle

You can perhaps see why I was attracted to these prints - the umbel seed head patterns, the pebbles and the colours
The next couple of weeks are still busy with distractions and nice things. I have more visitors at the end of the month. We shall use the open top bus again to visit the working tin mine at Geevor and I hope to visit the Exhibition of Professional Landscape Photograpy by Simon Fidler at Morvah Schoolhouse at the end of the month
Meanwhile, my work room is being used for something else at the moment, so I can't work properly. I'm working in sketchbooks instead, which I love to do, so I'm happy!
Sorry, I promised not to mention the "R" word (ok - I'm whispering it ... "renovations") but progress continues to be made on the home front. Hubby is laying a new bathroom floor and we've been to pick the tiles. Tiling has started ... woooo hoooo ... maybe when it's all finished I'll give you a tour of the whole cottage ...
Now, I'm going to spend some time visiting all my favourite blogs, so I can see what you've all been up to in the last couple of weeks ... see you later ...