
My natural dyeing experiments continue over on Mixed Media Textile Art where I've just posted some vibrant yellows produced from dyeing with orange montbretia flowers and brown onions

I stitched these little hearts using the fabric I dyed with St. John's Wort and machine stitched little seedhead designs on them, one with gold thread and yellow silk I dyed and the other with copper thread

Lots of renovating still going on at home but the fireplace in our bedroom is another job recently completed. Hubby built the Cornish slate hearth which he decorated with pebbles and fitted the Victorian fireplace and mantle

I'm really pleased with it as pebbles now feature in every room of our cottage and it's pulled my decorating theme together


The copper "St. Ives" fishing boat came from The Whistlefish Gallery, St. Ives


So, the bedroom is "nearly" finished except I'm just waiting for a new carpet and some bedroom furniture. I have to wait while there is work going on in the bathroom next door, but the end is in sight!
Well, I just can't believe it's August already, where is the time going?

I only recently discovered that flickr toys have a calendar maker so I made myself a calendar for August using one of my pebble photos, another ongoing monthly project I expect!
Already the month of August is full of things to do, starting with a visit from friends for a week until 10th August, a workshop where I will be space dyeing fabrics and threads and then more visitors at the end of the month. In between I hope to catch up with my usual projects and groups that I haven't mentioned for ages - Gardening Monday, Mosaic Monday, Christmas Crow Day, A Year of Colour, Inchies and Textured Surfaces - all things I will do big catch-ups on soon
I totally missed stripes for "A Year of Colour" so here is a belated picture (as a gesture) to my monthly challenge and there will be a few more in the next post

Hope you have a great weekend despite the weather :o)