
Yesterday was very hot and sunny. I went for a walk through the woodlands and down the coast path to St. Ives. On the way I stopped to rummage in the hedgerows and picked up a few special pinky red leaves and dried seed heads for my sketchbook project. I also bought some amazing gourds and a Turk's Turban in the greengrocers ... yes I feel Autumn coming ... it won't be long now ... and I welcome it

I had a little time to spare so I visited The Millennium Gallery to see the figures of sculptor Tim Shaw. His work is not to everyone's taste but I find his fine art sculptures fascinating!
I also visited The Porthminster Gallery. I walk past this Gallery quite often and have been meaning to pop in and have a longer look. I especially love the work of Anne Davies. I love her techniques, the colours she uses and I've always been interested in the St. Ives cottage theme

On the way home I called in to see Sally MacCabe. Sally is one of my most favourite artists and I hope, in my lifetime, to own one of her really big paintings! Sally is always an amazing inspiration for me and I was lucky enough to attend her sketchbook workshop last year!

Overnight we had quite a rain storm, the tail end of Huricane Bill passing by St. Ives. This morning it was very very dark with torrential rain
Now ... it's still raining ... heavy ... on and off ... dark and cosy ... a very good day for staying home in the cottage, I think!