Do you see where I’m going? My novel, like me, is large. Thick characters steeped in deep relationships, and all of it has to do with a complex, carefully woven plot. If engulfs and embraces and gives pleasure, but it is more than someone unfamiliar with me is quite prepared for. Trimmed of the fat, it will still be an Amazon Queen, but in that delicious, tempting way a stranger may be more willing to give a try.
I’ve trimmed an average of a thousand words a chapter thus far (only 7 in, of 35) and it hurts a little, but only those who love me deeply will miss it. I figure my long range goal is to have a wide readership who can’t get enough of me, so I can give up the diet and dish the hugs and novels as they were meant to be, but in the beginning, it is inevitably about aesthetics.
That said, I am taking applications for a personal trainer, dietician, and masseuse. I will also listen to offers from Sugar Daddies so I have time to both trim the fat, and work on my next project. Men uncomfortable with their feminine side need not apply.