Green Birdies and Birthday Giveaway!!

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you so much for your supportive comments regarding my last post. I have now sent an email to the editor of Cloth Paper Scissors and will let you know how I get on!



On a more cheerful note I'm finishing off green for "A Year of Colour" with a giveaway at the end of this post!!

One thing I've noticed about the colour green is that there are so many tones and shades of it. In nature, they all blend together and really seem to work in harmony

In my mosaic today I'm combining green for "A Year of Colour" with the theme for this week's Inchy challenge - BIRDS






















Created with fd's Flickr Toys for Mosaic Monday and A Year of Colour flickr group and blog

1. ATC "New Home" 2. Birds 3. Vintage image 4. King 5. Sing pretty birds close up 6. Birds::tree 7. ATC - Flightless bird 8. Birds 9. My collaged tag from Out on a Whim 10. Valentines birds 11. Types of bird eggs 12. Blackbird 13. Eyelety 14. Types of bird eggs 15. Paper flower w/ bird stamp collage 16. Bird collage Greenfinch

Thank you to all the talented artists who gave permission for me to use their beautiful pictures in this mosaic - please click on the links to go to the original photos

In my mosaic I included this tag that I got from Out on a Whim. Kath makes gorgeous altered art items and I fell in love with some of her bird tags last year. Too good to use - they are keepers!

My altered art tag - Out on a Whim

















A blackbird on some wrapping paper

















Today is "Gardening Monday". Not too much to do so I'm hoping the weather will hold and I can sit outside for a little while and watch the birds. The blackbirds in our garden are so funny. Some are nesting and so desperate to get our attention when the food runs out that they sit on the window sill until we go out there to top up supplies. If really desperate, and gone un-noticed, they flap their wings up against the window. They have such comical personalities and some are just more intrested in scrapping with their mates so I do get a regular supply of tail feathers and blackbird fluff

Our cottage garden

















Jo and I had Christmas Crow Day last Wednesday. I was making holly ornaments, a holly garland and little birdie tree ornaments. I haven't quite finished them off yet so I will show you soon but here is a little green one I made from fleece with wings made from painted silk















These are my collaged and waxed inchies for this week's challenge - birds


















Giveaway
And so this brings me to the giveaway. It is my birthday on Sunday 31st May and to celebrate I wondered if you would like to win one of my green dotty birdie waxed collages (painted with shimmery twinkling H2O paints in Kiwi, Key Lime and Ginger Peach - don't they have great names!)

If you do, just leave a comment here on this post saying which one you would like to win and I will use one of those random number selector thingies to pick a winner

The giveaway ends midnight on Sunday 31st May and I will announce the winner here on my blog on Monday 1st June. Everyone is welcome to enter!

Wishing you all a happy week ahead!