Figures and Faces

Hope you are having a good weekend. Mine has started off really happy with some lovely post today ... a parcel from Cathy Cullis


















I am the very happy owner of the first of Cathy's "imaginary friends". As with a lot of Cathy's work I instantly fell in love with this doll and simply had to have it!! I love the delicate tones and the gentle hand stitching, but the ears did it for me, pretty oak leaf shapes with white stitching ... yummy! The doll already looks lovely in my dresser of white things


















Inside the package were some of Cathy's moos, cards and this beautiful description of my doll ...

"Feathery is a gentle doll of layers and details, inspired by daydreams, whispers, birdsong, the sound of leaves growing in sunlight ..."














Inside the parcel was another surprise - Cathy gave me a hand stitched linen heart filled with lavender which smells strongly delicious and I love that too. I feel very very lucky!


















You can see Cathy's "imaginary friends" - a collection of art dolls here where you can follow the link to her shop if you would like one of her dolls - most have sold and she only has a small few left so hurry!

It's been a week of figures and faces!
Last Saturday I went to see an exhibition of contemporary art at St. Ives Society of Artists and the Mariners Gallery, St. Ives called Subversive Figures

Subversive - to subvert, to overturn from the foundation; to overthrow; to ruin utterly, to pervert, as the mind, and turn it from the truth; to corrupt; to confound, to overthrow anything from the foundation; to be subversive

I liked the work by artist Daniel Barnard
Daniel also has work on show in his workshop
in the Sloop Market, St. Ives

"Adrift Alone" - mixed media sculpture - Sue Dove

















I also love the work of artist Sue Dove. Her textile art work is always so original, colourful and imaginative. I am lucky to own one of Sue Dove's art dolls too!

Some of the work in the exhibition was not my cup of tea at all but I would recommend a visit, it was extremely interesting. The show is on till 2nd June 2009

Then there were my faces for the inchie challenge (see below). I enjoyed this week's inchie theme

My plans for the week ahead have suddenly been changed at short notice. Hubby was going to be working away and I thought I would have lots of stitching time ahead this week but I have decided to go and spend time with my parents instead. Dad hasn't been too good healthwise for a while now and I feel the need to be with them. I shall take some stitching with me and my laptop too, but I don't know if I will get a wifi signal where I'm going (latter part of the week I will be on a farm near Holsworthy)

Wishing you lots of creative happiness for the week ahead!