St. Ives

Had a lovely week - we had friends staying with us since Monday. I've been doing the tourist thing and as you will see the weather was different every day and very much affected what we did, but this is what I've been up to:

Monday
Raining heavily so we didn't venture out till late afternoon. We went to The Lifeboat and had a few pints of Cornish bitter and fish n chips for tea

By the time we came out of the pub it had stopped raining and the sky was beautiful and pink, a promise of nice weather to come on Tuesday

"Red sky at night, shepherd's delight"













Tuesday
Another lovely day in St. Ives with beautiful weather

Red boat

















Taken at the end of the lifeboat pier

















"On chip watch"














The Lifeboat Station was open so we went in and had a look at the lifeboat. On the wall inside there were some amazing photos of St. Ives lifeboats through the ages

Launching the lifeboat













All hands and ages to the ropes














Naming ceremony 1930s













Had a look in "lots" of galleries including Art Space Gallery on the harbour front. If you are interested, they have a blog and we follow each other which is nice! I got some inspiring art cards for my sketchbooks while I was there and ...















... in the Mariners Gallery I saw an exhibition of inspiring printed artworks by various artists

Penwith Printmakers Exhibition

















Taken from above the Warren











I like the colours in this photo, the yellow of the lichen on the cottage roofs and the beautiful greeny blue of the sea ...

Wednesday
The weather changed again and we had Cornish mizzle all day but, undeterred, we headed for Marazion and spent all afternoon going round more art galleries. As you can see from this picture you can hardly see St. Michael's Mount through the misty drizzle

Mount in the mizzle!









Of course I managed quite a bit of retail therapy over the last few days, especially when it was drizzling!! Here is a little selection of goodies acquired

















Pebble/cobble fabric, threads, art cards, printed papers, ink pads, little lacy bucket for altered art, feathers, sketchbooks and canvases































Thursday
To top our week off we went to the pictures to see "The Boat That Rocked" Thursday night at St. Ives cinema. I thought it was a bit of light hearted fun and definitely reminded me of when I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg under my pillow late at night. I also used to get the mag "Fab 208". Does anyone else remember this? I'm talking early 1970's!!!

Now
Getting back to normal now and a bit more time for stitching again

Tidy desk













Thought I'd show you a picture of my very tidy desk before it gets all messed up again, which won't take long!!

I finished my St. Ives collage, I machine stitched the layers, hand sewed on the shells, lots of french knots and a few beads

If you would like to see my stitching in much more detail you can view it on flickr - click here: LOVE STITCHING RED














Wishing you a happy weekend ♥