Here in St. Ives we have bitterly cold gale force winds (and I mean gale force!). I haven't been out for a week and I woke up with a bit of a headache, so I decided to take myself for a walk today. This walk is just across the road from where I live - would you like to come with me?


Woodland path through Treloyhan Manor


Primroses, heather, magnolias, crocus and tulips all in bud and almost ready to burst. I find the gardens of Treloyhan Manor are so peaceful


A solitary winter rose

[pink rose on a black & white background - altered with photoshop]

A magnolia tree in bud

My favourite holly bush - with green, orange, red and pink prickly holly leaves - it's like this all year round!

Soon I was on the coast path

Primroses on the coast path and wild waves!
[To see the primroses - click on the picture to see it bigger]

St. Ives harbour from the coast path - I was freezing taking this!

St. Ives from Porthminster beach

I sat on the seat by St. Ives Arts Club and watched the waves for a while before running my errands ... it was bracing!