A postcard from Tenerife ...

A virtual postcard for you from Tenerife ...


















Last week we had a treacherous drive from St. Ives to Stanstead through ice, sleet and snow along the way but after only an hour's delay, while they de-iced all planes, we were on our way to Tenerife

But once there, we had a very relaxing time. The weather was gorgeous - blue skies and lots of sunshine. There were beautiful flowers everywhere, poinsettias, geraniums, hibiscus and bougainvillea in every shade of purple, pink, red orange and yellow and these rather interesting plants with yellow and orange berries that look just like beads ...






















































































Isn't nature amazing!

































We stayed at an apartment just outside Puerto de Santiago and it had this beauiful view over the giant rocks of "Los Gigantes"











and we had our own little garden


















There were some very interesting trees, I don't know what they were called but they had really amazing seed pods. I managed to get one to bring home with me for my Embroiderers Guild sketchbook project





























Sitting in the sun, I finished off some cuff bracelets I'd made for The Printmakers Gallery in St. Ives. I make them by knitting wire and beads. I used to sell a lot of these, but I made so many a couple of years ago that I needed a break from them! So, I recently got round to making another fifteen of them, all different colours, and they just needed the little catches sewing on, so I was very good and got them finished. They will go in the gallery this week ...














... and I worked on my blue piece adding lots of french knots. I stitched them in one ply cotton so they were very tiny little knots - but now I can say that's finished too!